Wondering how to revive dull skin? Our esteemed medical doctor has solutions scientifically proven to work
Published on: 9th March, 2023
Is your glow being dimmed by dull skin? Ageing, dryness, acne, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and so many other factors can lead to your skin taking on a tired, dull appearance. The good news is you can transform dullness into dewyness and lifelessness into luminosity with a healthy lifestyle, good daily skincare, and clinically proven aesthetic treatments.
So if you’re on a mission to discover how to revive dull skin or how to brighten dull skin, you’ve come to the right place. At Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic, we are Wales’ leading medical experts in non-surgical cosmetic procedures, specialising in cutting-edge, scientifically-backed treatments.
Advice from our medical doctor
Our esteemed medical doctor, Dr. Raj is here to help you answer how to revive dull skin and guide you towards achieving skin undeniably radiant, rejuvenated, and revitalised!
“There are lifestyle changes you can make today to restore a natural glow to your skin, such as getting plenty of sleep, drinking plenty of water, protecting your skin from sun exposure using a high factor sunscreen, moisturising daily, exfoliating twice a week, giving up smoking, and eating a balanced diet primarily of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds,” says Dr. Raj.
Skin care matters
Dr. Raj emphasises that a good daily skincare regime is essential since it combats several factors that cause dullness, including ageing skin, acne, age spots, and so much more.
“It’s important to note that dull skin is often caused by a combination of factors. You will see a significant improvement almost immediately by investing in good skincare products with clinically proven active ingredients to fight dullness.
“Look out for skin-brightening ingredients, such as retinol, glycolic acid, vitamin c, alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), and hyaluronic acid.”
Check out the Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic Shop for dermatological proven products to transform your dull skin. Great options are:
Collagen & skin health
To further help you on your search for how to brighten dull skin, Dr. Raj goes on to explain that collagen is another fantastic dullness-fighting solution.
“Collagen is the body’s most abundant protein and plays a key role in skin health. It’s packed with anti-ageing benefits that prevent your skin from sagging and wrinkling, which subsequently helps keep dullness at bay.”
“However, the collagen levels in our bodies rapidly start to decrease as we age. From as early as our 20s, we begin losing more collagen than our body can replace, resulting in worsening skin ageing and dullness.”
Dr. Raj says the only way widely proven to replenish collagen loss is by stimulating synthesis from deep within the skin’s dermis through heat or micro-injury, either separately or in combination.
“At Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic, we specialise in a range of technologically advanced aesthetic treatments that promote collagen synthesis, as well as elastin synthesis, which is another naturally occurring age-defying protein.
“These treatments are non or minimally invasive and transform dull skin using a range of modalities and technologies, including plasma technology, radio frequency, intense pulsed light, LED light, microneedling, injectables, and chemical skin peels.”
Dr. Raj adds that downtime and pain after treatment sessions are minimal with less damage to the skin’s surface than surgical procedures.
Brighten dull skin at Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic
Here’s a list of all the scientifically proven aesthetic treatments available at Cardiff Cosmetic Clinic to boost collagen and elastin production for dewy, plump, firm, smooth, and supple skin!
- Microneedling with Dermapen: Revitalises dull skin by gently puncturing the skin with pinpoint precision and triggering the wound healing process. Dermapen treatment is perfect for smoothing wrinkles and fine lines, tightening sagging skin, reducing acne and stretch marks, and healing sun damage.
- Neogen skin regeneration treatment: Using cutting-edge plasma technology, Neogen heats the skin without destroying tissue to reverse the signs of ageing, heal sun damage, and much more. It’s also one of the only treatments to treat an ageing eye area without surgery (plasma eye lift).
- Morpheus8: Powered by radio frequency technology combined with micro-needling, Morpheus8 treatment uses heat energy and micro-injuries to plump the skin from deep within for incredible skin-tightening effects. In just a few treatment sessions, you will see wrinkles fade away and jowls diminish.
- Lummeca: Using intense pulsed light technology (ipl), Lumecca ipl treatment treats age spots, sun damage, acne scarring, melasma, and so many other skin conditions that lead to a dull appearance. The light interacts with pigments in the skin to absorb and ultimately destroy them.
- Dermalux Triwave: Like Lumecca, Dermalux harnesses our natural ability to absorb light to rejuvenate and repair skin. It boasts three powerful wavelengths of light used individually or together to fight acne, reverse the signs of ageing, and regenerate damaged skin.
- Profhilo treatment: These new-generation injectables stimulate four different types of collagen and elastin for complete dermal renewal. It’s packed with hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin for up to 6 months post-procedure.
- PRP: Popularly known as the vampire facial, it extracts samples of a patient’s blood and reinjects it back into the skin to smooth wrinkles, tighten loose skin, and get rid of stubborn scars. Since blood is rich in protein and nutrients, PRP leaves skin feeling healthy, revitalised, and renewed.
- Forma: Forma face treatment uses heat generated from radio frequency technology to firm and lift the skin, smoothing wrinkles and reducing jowls. After a few treatment sessions, skin looks rejuvenated and begins to emanate a healthy glow.
- Chemical skin peels: Chemical peels refresh and brighten skin, loosening layers of dead skin cells using a high concentration of active ingredients. It’s perfect for those looking to improve skin discolouration, heal active acne and acne scars, and reverse the sign of ageing.
Are you ready to refresh, revitalise, and rejuvenate your dull skin? The first step is setting up a zero fee consultation with Dr. Raj, on 07973 232444. We want you to feel unshakeable confidence in the skin you love. Let’s help make it a reality!